If you need emergency care, get care. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Emergencies don’t wait. And you shouldn’t wait to seek care if an emergency strikes you or your family. Delaying care in an emergency can lead to worse outcomes and potentially serious complications later.
We are open and ready to safely care for you in an environment specifically designed to keep you safe.
Why Choose Us?
- Our 30-Minute Pledge means we will work diligently to have you initially seen by a medical professional within 30 minutes of your arrival.
- We have earned The Joint Commission’s Certificate of Distinction for Chest Pain Centers. That means our services have the critical elements to achieve long-term success in improving outcomes for heart attack patients. All this, plus specialists on staff in Orthopedics, Podiatry, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, and Behavioral Health Services means we are here for you when you need us most.
- General Surgery, Gastroenterology, and Urology means we are here for you when you need us most.
Here are a few ways we have changed operations to protect the health of all patients:
- Social distancing lines have been established and clearly marked at all entrances.
- Staff and patients wear masks at all times.
- Staff members are screened at the beginning of every shift.
- Everyone seeking emergency care is screened upon arrival to help ensure the appropriate site of care, isolating those who require it.
- We now have separate entrances for general ER patients and those with suspected COVID-19.
- We offer separate areas in the ER and inpatient units for general ER patients and with strict isolation protocols in place for COVID patients. Those needing general care are NOT placed in the same area as those suspected of having the virus.
- Precautionary signs have been placed around the ER.
- An isolation room equipped with an air filtration system to effectively filter virus particles is available for those that require it.
- Patients coming in by ambulance are evaluated outside the ER, where the appropriate site of care is determined. If isolation is needed, those patients do not cross into general care areas.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. If you need to go the emergency room, we’re ready for you 24/7.
Related Services and Conditions
In a medical emergency, every minute matters. That’s why we work diligently to have you initially seen by a medical…
In a medical emergency, every minute matters. That’s why, at Gateway Regional Medical Center, we work diligently…
Health care starts with you. If you’re experiencing symptoms, it’s up to you to pay attention and decide how to respond…
A trip to the ER can often be stressful or scary- but it doesn’t have to be. A few minor preparations can help your visit go…
In the movies, signs of a heart attack seem straightforward and dramatic. In real life, heart attack symptoms can happen…
According to the National Stroke Association, a stroke is the leading cause of death in the U.S., and the leading…
Minor illnesses can often wait, but some symptoms always demand immediate medical attention. These can include…