Don’t Miss Out on End of Year Savings
We understand the end of the year is a very hectic time. But while we look forward to the new, let’s also take stock of how we can improve today — and save!
At Gateway Regional Medical Center we encourage you to take some time for yourself. Doing so could not only benefit your health, it could even get you more out of your money!
5 Reasons to Take Time for Your Health Before December 31.
Reason 1: If you have an FSA account, don’t let this money go to waste! Schedule your procedures to be completed prior to year-end for this year’s FSA eligibility.
Reason 2: If you need some kind of procedure, or if you’ve been considering some kind of elective surgery, you can recover during your time off over the holidays.
Reason 3: If you’ve met your health insurance deductible, take advantage of that fact. Remember, January 1 you start back at zero!
Reason 4: Physician offices aren’t as busy during November and December so you’re more likely to get an appointment quickly.
Reason 5: Putting off seeing a doctor or having a procedure just isn’t smart. Your good health is a present you give yourself and your loved ones. And in a season of giving, time and health are the greatest gifts.
Suggestions for end-of-year savings:
- ACL Repair
- Get back in the game of life.
- Get back in the game of life.
- Annual physical
- Have you had one in 2022? Make an appointment with a primary care provider.
- Bone Density Screening
- When caught early, bone loss can be treated to help prevent further bone loss or breakage. To schedule an appointment call 618-789-3181.
- Men and women over 45 should have one every 10 years. Call 618-451-7600 for an appointment.
- The first step to find out how we can help.
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Bunions? Hammertoe? They can be taken care of relatively easily.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Does everything you eat cause pain? Call 618-451-7600 for an appointment.
- GERD/Heartburn Treatment
- Indigestion not going away with over the counter medication? Maybe it’s time you took the next step. Call 618-451-7600 for an appointment.
- Hernia repair
- Abdominal Pain is nothing to ignore or put off for later. Call 618-451-7600 for an appointment.
- Joint repair/replacement
- There’s never a “good” time for a joint replacement surgery. Step into the new year without the joint pain you have today.
- Lung Function Test
- Smoking, Asthma, COPD or exposure to certain substance all affect your breathing. Start 2023 with a plan to breath easier.
- Mole Removal, Lumps and Bumps
- Whether for medical or cosmetic reasons, annual screenings can help prevent a little bump from becoming a big problem. To schedule an appointment call 618-451-7600
- Been putting off a screening MRI or CT scan? Use up that FSA before the end of the year.
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Those aches and pains won’t go away on their own.
- Screening mammogram
- Have you had yours this year?
- Sleep Study
- Because untreated sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, heart disease, stroke, depression, diabetes and other chronic diseases.
- Tubal Ligation
- Considering permanent birth control? Call 618-288-9251
Related Services and Conditions
At Gateway Regional Medical Center, diagnostic imaging is used to create a graphic depiction of the structures and functions of the body’s organs and other internal systems. These images are used to examine and diagnose certain medical conditions. Our services:...
For your convenience, Gateway Regional Medical Center offers diagnostic imaging services in multiple locations. Gateway Regional Medical Center 2100 Madison Avenue Granite City, Il 62040 (618) 876-2255 Edwardsville Imaging Center 1261 University Drive Edwardsville, IL...
Osteoporosis means, literally, “porous bones,” and is a debilitating disease that can lead to bone fracture. More than 52 million Americans have low bone density and are at risk for osteoporosis— 80% are women. DEXA scans (which stands for Dual-Energy X-Ray...
The Gateway Regional Lung Cancer Screening Program offers low-dose CT screenings for patients who might be at risk for lung cancer, including smokers and former smokers. Here are three things to know about lung cancer screening: Lung cancer screening has been shown to...
Healthcare pricing can be confusing. To simplify things, we offer a pre-pay pricing program for those in the Granite City area who might not have insurance. It’s called Simple + Price and it covers most common imaging and lab tests. The Simple + Price plan offers a...